More "Free Energy" snake oil?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by KnottyBuoyz, Feb 18, 2010.

1. KnottyBuoyz

KnottyBuoyz Provocateur & Raconteur

2. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

If this workd as they say it could not be kept a secret and someone would have made and sold millions of units. Reminds me of the discovery of "Cold Fusion"

3. BTPost

BTPost Junior Member

and "Man Made Global Warming".... All Hype and No Substance.....

4. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Talk about a stretch...not hard to figure out what your obsession is.;)

If an ad that promises free energy and actually uses the term "perpetual motion" somehow reminds you of global warming, there's probably nothing that wouldn't. I can hear you now: "yeah, Sara Lee claims they make the best cheesecake in the world--just like scientific frauds claim global warming is real.":rolleyes:

5. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Speaking of perpetual motion that isn't, now that global warming is over, the ice caps should return to the poles, which in turn will speed up the rotation of the earth until the ice caps melt again, which will slow down the rotation of the earth, like when the ice skater raises her arms and then extends them out to the sides. I think that's cool.

6. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

7. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Jeez...any day now, I expect to log into a **** site and find you guys beating up on global warming, instead of sexy babes. Don't you ever give it a rest?:(

8. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

The Magiwork mob seem to be stretching the truth somewhat, they claim that homes have been poewered by the device, yet NO evidence can be substantiated (so far at least)...yes the device can be made to work (minute output), but to my belief so far no one has made one that is actually connected to the grid power (as arre solar panels etc) and actually making household power.

9. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

I was talking about ice skating and rotational inertia, wasn't I?

P.S. I'm cold. We don't have California weather here in the Sunshine State.:D

And never beat up on a sexy babe.:mad: You will get arrested.;)

10. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

11. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

But they're claiming it's free energy....that you can keep recycling it forever, with no loss. As I pointed out, they actually used the term "perpetual motion" in their ad. I guess they think their target demographic is pretty dumb....

12. DianneB

DianneB Junior Member

It is! You would not believe how many otherwise intelligent people invest in such schemes.

13. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

I doubt those would be free Boston, ya pays for woy ya gets, two seem to cost me enough already, that would make a 50% increase in all costs...

14. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

Just in case someone takes your comment seriously!
    http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/comment/lutec1.pdf
    This gives some proper calculations on the efficiency claim. It looks about what I would expect from the device and shows you should not let mechanical engineers interpret what is happening in an electrical circuit.

Rick W

15. capt vimes

capt vimes Senior Member

interesting stuff but...
    any generator is having significant drag if you draw the electrical energy from it... in one their videos a few bulbs are been lit - not a very big consumer and therefore not a big power-draw...
    i think that as soon as you draw significant amps from the generator to power some device, drag is going up and thus requiring more input power...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.