1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Wanted: Boat molds for rotational molding

Discussion in 'Boat Molds' started by danielvjames, Jun 13, 2008.

1. danielvjames

danielvjames New Member

We are looking for boat molds for our 18' molding machine. We have one 16.5 foot mold but would like to get more involved in the industry.

2. Carlazzomark

Carlazzomark Senior Member

What type of machine?

What time of oven do you have, rock and roll or arm? I have a mold and am looking for a molder who can handle in oven foaming.

Thanks,

Mark

3. CTMD

CTMD Naval Architect

I have a 12.5' boat and there appears to be some demand for a rotationally moulded version in the US. Please contact me.

4. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

CTMD,

Why not make a few in Australia, I think only the Nylex is the only one worth buying here....you could be onto something. I thought about it once, too much work making up the mould for it, so just made tanks instead.

5. CTMD

CTMD Naval Architect

Its a small sailing cat, the Australian clients are happily building their own plywood boats. The American customers want an off-the-shelf item.

6. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Oh yeah mate, not much market for a plastic cat.

Let the yanks have it, they can then drive their trucks over it to show how strong it is, etc etc.

7. danielvjames

danielvjames New Member

our oven is a rock and roll we can handle the foam. you can call our manager at 1-801-310-9022

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.