Molds for ShallowDraft type riverboat?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Cunur, May 20, 2012.

1. Cunur

Cunur New Member

Is Jammer still around?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------jammer

21 foot river boat mold for sale

21 foot river boat (flats boat) mold, all small part molds, all plugs, templates, part and vendor lists. An inexpensive way to start a business.

Photo at: http://www.jammerboats.com/11.html

More pics upon request............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have seen this post a few times and is exactly what i am looking for but i also see the posts are from 2002-2003. I am not looking to reinvent the wheel (boat in this case) and wonder if molds and plugs for a turnkey solution are still available. This is the type boat i would like to get into building ie shallow draft trout fishing riverboats.
    If i cant find a turnkey solution i am interested in building my own molds and maybe starting a discussion on layup and construction methods and materials of these type boats. I have some knowledge of how these boats were built years ago but realize newer methods, material exhist now days. i am not a boatbuilder bytrade and havent worked in fiberglass in many years (just small molds here and there for my business). My dad was a boatman and i helped him as a teenager.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.