Rigging tubes under Decks advise

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Nikon, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Nikon

Nikon New Member

What I am looking to do is possibly move my cables and cords from above the deck to under the deck. The deck was redone in the last 5 years but the guy before me didn't put them back under the deck. I was thinking is it possible to maybe cut a hole under the console and run a flexible tubing from console to right under the motor. I am wondering if this is possible without totally making huge holes in the deck. Also I know there has to be stringers or braces under the deck. do they run across or long ways?

If I do decide to keep the cables above the deck.. Does anyone know of any cable covers that can be fastened to the floor so I can organize and keep them out of feet traffic.

Thanks in advance

Heres the boat -- http://s338.photobucket.com/albums/n433/awe187/

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If the deck was redone, the only person that can answer the question is whoever did the job. There is no way of telling what kind of reinforcements there are, how they are constructed and if they are foamed in.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.