Teak anchor pulpit

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by tuantom, Dec 9, 2012.

1. tuantom

tuantom Senior Member

Hi all. It's been a while since I posted here, but I used to frequent here often.
    I'm looking for some ideas about the best way to add a bow pulpit and anchor roller for a danforth anchor on my 24' (7.3m) cuddy cabin. I'm not at my usual computer so I don't have any images on hand, but I posted some a couple of years ago here:

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/powerboats/thanks-35629.html

So far, the only material I have is a 1.5"x5.5"x63" (3.8x14x160cm) piece of teak and some various other smaller pieces of teak material around 36" (91cm).
    I've seen stainless anchor rollers that would sit on top of the pulpit, but would prefer only the teak to be visible from above, and the roller to be a bottom mount type.
    I'll need to hang the anchor out at least a foot from the tip of the bow for the flukes of the anchor to clear the hull, but I'll probably want to add a little more than that to be safe - but not so much that it hits my trailer when launching.

Either aesthetically or structurally, Would it be better to use the solid piece of
    teak that I have in a 2:1 ratio for mount to overhang, or should I laminate one together that would be a bit wider.
    I don't plan on using a windlass, it'll still be a manual drop. I'm also unsure if I want to add a rope locker - I may use a clip on the end of a rope to the anchor chain.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.