how much ballest

Discussion in 'Stability' started by grumpyoldcornis, Feb 23, 2016.

1. grumpyoldcornis

grumpyoldcornis New Member

can anyone please help with some advice, i have a mitchell 22 sea angler, (GRP) that i have just bought, weighs 2000kg, just wondering how much ballest it should have, i lifted the floor and there is 6 bags of sand 3 each side the the engine, the engine is a sabb 45hp, which is midships, so i am guessing each bags prob weighs around 25kg, dont really know, the reason i am asking is this, when i am at the helm, (port side ) the boat is listing abit to that side of course it will, but i am not sure as to how much ballest the boat should have, where it should, be, so any good advice would be great

2. vkstratis

vkstratis Naval Architect

You should ask the boat's manufacturer. They should advise on their product.

3. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.