Modern Aircraft Carrier

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Dook, Feb 19, 2005.

1. eponodyne

eponodyne Senior Member

What I don't understand is why in the world, in this day and age, anybody in America's DoD still thinks it's important to be geared up to fight a two-ocean war is completely beyond me. Personally I'd rather see the money being spent on making the diplomatic corps an attractive career for new college grads, but that's just me.

The necessity for being able to project diplomatic imperative notwithstanding, I just can't shake the feeling that in many cases since 1970 or so, "It wasn't a riot until the cops showed up." To our international members, please remember that half of all voting Americans have serious problems with the current administration in Washington. We're not all saber-rattling, gunboat-diplomacy fools. Some of us are realists who understand that peace is better than war, that happiness is better than misery, and that freedom to choose also includes the freedom to be denied. And that there are few things half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.