Prisma Pre-Forms, composite stringers...any experiences?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by rotfix, Oct 18, 2007.

1. rotfix

rotfix Junior Member

i'm re-doing the stringers and deck (floor) in a 23' inboard ski boat. the flotation foam that was injected in compliance with CG regs soaked up water over the years (since 1987) and created ideal conditions for the poorly laminated factory-laid stringers to disintegrate.

for my re-build, i'd like to avoid as much wood under the deck as possible. current boat building practices employ composite materials, no wood. costs are prohibitive, of course.

does anyone have any experience with the pre-formed stringer system from Prisma (also known as Compsys)? their website is preforms.com (i scanned the user agreement and didn't see anything about posting links). they have an instructional video, youtube also has a video if you search 'stringer replacement'.

if you're familiar with the product or even better have used it before, i'd appreciate any comments.

thx

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.