Modelling in ANSYS AQWA ( Hydrodynamic Diffraction ) Workbench platform

Discussion in 'Hydrodynamics and Aerodynamics' started by ychodneker, Sep 11, 2014.

1. ychodneker

ychodneker Junior Member

Hi ! This is Yeshwant here. Well, I am just a beginner with ANSYS AQWA. I have doubts in modelling. Do we have to model the structure as a complete solid ? Or we have to model only as a surface ? I always make my model in Solidworks and then import in ANSYS hydrodynamic diffraction in workbench. ( ANSYS 14.5 )

Actually I am trying to do hydrodynamic analysis study of a floating Tension Leg Platform. (Ref. to the image attached). Kindly throw some light on the topic.

If there are any solved examples with you guys then please share here or forward me to ychodneker@gmail.com

Attached Files:

2. jlconger

jlconger Junior Member

If you have not already, take a look at the parallel forum under www.cfd-online.com.

I am not an Ansys user, but in general you will need STL models that consist of one or more closed solids with no holes or zero width surfaces.

3. ychodneker

ychodneker Junior Member

Thankyou

Thanks for your reply. I will definitely look forward into it..

Yeshwant..

4. ychodneker

ychodneker Junior Member

Taut mooring cable

Hi !

I made the model in ansys design modeller and run the analysis. It gives correct hydrostatic result. But I am not able to understand how to model the taut mooring cable for TLP. I used cable in connections but I am not able to understand how to give stiffness value and un stretched length. The model just dances haphazardly when subjected to regular wave of Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks..

Attached Files: