iPhone apps for naval architecture

Discussion in 'Software' started by n.camuffo, Feb 23, 2011.

1. n.camuffo

n.camuffo New Member

I looked in iTunes for any useful app for quick naval architecture calculations, and by now I found very little.

By now I started to developing some on my own. ShipDyn is already available on iTunes, and ShipStat will soon follow.

The first two applications are simple but I believe they can be useful. Should anybody have a suggestion to improve them or for other apps to work on, just let me know !

2. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

And what will be the purpose of ShipDyn and ShipStat apps, if I may ask? What exactly will they do?

3. n.camuffo

n.camuffo New Member

No racket science, just speed up operations. ShipDyn has four pages in which you can perform calculations on Froude numbers, Admiral coefficient and shallow water. ShipStat has pages for heel & trim due to weight shift, free surface loss of stability, hull form coefficients.

4. yipster

yipster designer

sounds good, can that come for android as well? i'm using pocket geometry
    taking half a cilinder and half a cone calculating rough volume and surface
    for a boat underway and am looking for more of that stuff