Jon boat design software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by willydiver, Oct 23, 2011.

1. willydiver

willydiver New Member

Hi,
    This is my first post on the BD forum, so please forgive me if this question has been covered in previous discussions. I can't seem to find an answer using the search tool.

I am looking for a software program to draw/design simple open welded aluminum jon boat style hulls. The features I would most like are to be able to draw the concept boat in plan, profile, and 3-D, then translate the panels/hull skin into flat patterns for cutting.

Additional features such as center of gravity and waterline modeling would be great as well, but creating patterns from a concept drawing is the most important. I want to go from concept drawing to layout patterns to cut out the aluminum sheet.

Of course free software would be great, but purchased software suggestions are welcomed. I am not designing anything more complicated than 14'-17' open hull jon boat/skiff type boats, so I don't need software capable of drawing/designing tankers, etc.

I am proficient in AutoCAD, so a purely GUI software is not necessary. Thanks for any suggestions!

Will

2. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Freeship 2.6 will do what you want.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.