Mirror control net in Maxsurf

Discussion in 'Software' started by b1ck0, Oct 5, 2011.

1. b1ck0

b1ck0 Senior Member

Hi all,

Couple of days ago I started to model one ship ... I created all bow frames without any problem, but then when I started to model the stеrn frames it become really uncomfortable ...
    see the picture. How can I mirror the control net to the port side ?

I tried to turn off the "half view" but it doesn't work for me. The only thing I want is to have a control net in the port side. Is it possible ?

Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

2. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

B1ck0 I don’t believe you can visually move the control points over to left (other than creating a separate surface on that side for a asymmetric hull!). By the look of your pic you have the “half hull “ button selected. To get the section on both side turn that off. You should now have only the section that is close to the column you want to work on (if the sections button is off). Now if you want only a one sided display (right side only) for these sections a quick solution is to go to the “grid spacing”, Sections, add single section at the stern that is off the boat and then tick the split box for that section. Now you turn on the half hull and you only get one side. I don’t think it is necessary to create control columns for every frame as it makes it hard to fair the surfaces, the grid spacing of sections can give you the lines for frames.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.