Minimum tabing for inboard/outboard

Discussion in 'Materials' started by PickleRick, Nov 26, 2018.

1. PickleRick

PickleRick Junior Member

As im gluing in the outer skins for my battery trays and transom this weekemd and fairing in the gaps with thickened epoxy resin it hits me...how much tabbing should i overlap from skins to hull? Im using 1708. I was thinking 3 to 4 layers with 2 to 4 inches over lap on either side but wanted to be 100% sure before i started cutting and gluing.

Will also have 2 knees at the engine mount stingers and another set of knees at the battery trays. The outter stingers are approx 4 inches tall and 7/8 wide, the inner 2 stingers/motor mounts are 9 inches tall 6 inches wide. They are arjay portable on the inside ones and 3/4 ply on outter.

Sbc engine inboard/outboard. The transom is 2.25 inches thick with 2 sheets of 3/4 inch plywood, 2 sheets 1708 and the outer/inner hull skinm. Repair done from inside

Thanks ahead of time.