Grand Soleil 46 plans and design specifications

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Marcial Campos, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Marcial Campos

Marcial Campos Junior Member

Dear sailor friends.
    I own a Grand Soleil 46, designed by Alain Jezequel, built by cantiere del Pardo, I believe in 1988, hull #0065.
    I bought the boat second hand and I would be very interested in getting the plans of the boat, including the waterlines and as many design specifications as possible.
    I have already contacted Cantiere del Pardo about this and I was told that they had moved the yard to a different place and that in the process they had lost or destroyed the old documents.
    I would be very grateful if anyone could give me a lead to try to find plans and drawings. Is it possible to contact the designer, Alain Jezequel?
    Thanks in advance
    Marcial

2. CutOnce

CutOnce Previous Member

3. Marcial Campos

Thank you CutOnce
    I have contacted Chantier Jezequel and spoken directly with Alain Jezequel.
    He was very nice but unfortunately, he is not the Alain jezequel who designed the Grand Soleil 46. It is just a coincidence in name and there is no relation between them.
    All he knew is that the Alain Jezequel who designed my boat lives or used to live somewhere in Italy.
    So I am back to where I was.
    Thank you again for your response.
    Any other ideas?
    Marcial Campos

4. kenJ

kenJ Senior Member

5. Marcial Campos

KenJ, Thank you for your response.
    I am sorry to hear the news.
    I am afraid that this means that I may have reached the end of the trail. It will be sheer luck if I ever find anything about the design of my boat.
    Thank you for your help.
    Marcial Campos

6. kenJ

kenJ Senior Member

I found a couple references that said that Patrick Roséo NA helped with the design. Thinking this might be the new 46 model, but he may some information on the original design.

7. Marcial Campos

thank you KenJ
    Actually, patrick Roseo appears in a brochure as the "Interior Designer".
    I have found his address in Google and I have sent him an e-mail. Let us see if he can help.
    thank you again

8. Kiwi Odyssey

Kiwi Odyssey New Member

Marcial, did you ever get any further information about the Grand Soleil 46. I am in the process of purchasing one at the moment and can find very little information anywhere.
    If you have any information or could suggest anywhere I should look for some,I would appreciate your help.
    Many thanks

9. Marcial Campos

Grand Soleil 46

Dear Kiwi Odyssey.
    Unfortunately, I have no big news.
    I got as far as trying to contact Patrick Roseo (info@roseodesign.com) who participated in the design of my Grand Soleil 46, with the late Alain Jezequel.
    I have sent him an e-mail but haven't got a response yet. I shall try again.
    I like to mention that my 46 is an old design and was built in 1988 or so. Make sure that the one you are looking at is the same. Cantiere del Pardo has designed and built other 46 footers more recently, and they may have information on them.
    If your prospective boat is the same design I have, I shall be delighted to share my personal experiences with you. I have owned mine since 1995 and sailed more than eight thousand miles, mostly in the Atlantic Coast of Spain and Portugal.
    All the best with your new boat
    Marcial

10. Kiwi Odyssey

Kiwi Odyssey New Member

Hi Marcial
    That is a shame, I was hoping to find some more information, there is so little available nevermind. I am negotiating on a 1986 Grand Soleil 46 here in NZ.
    We have been on the sea trial and it is to be surveyed in 2 days time. It is a beautiful boat and I hope it surveys well, we will see.
    I do have some reservations about the wireing and it has a mase generator which I think has seen better days and will probably need replacing. I am hoping to sail offshore and perhaps head up to the Med after spending some time in the Pacific. I think it has a problem in the sterntube and a little water is coming in when it is under hard sail, these things will be fixed immediately. How have you enjoyed your boat. I am so looking forward to owning this boat, it is a life long dream, but we will see.
    I include a link to youtube to view P9270101.AVI
    Kind regards
    Lance Richardson

11. Kiwi Odyssey

Kiwi Odyssey New Member

Hi Marcial, just a quick update, I now own the Grand Soleil 46 (hull number 47) built in 1986. It was named ROBEMAR and has sailed all over the world. We are getting to know each other :) If i can find any further details I will let you know.
    Cheers

12. Boatbuilder RPR

Boatbuilder RPR Previous Member

Not our closest friends in everyday sailing.......

Guardia di Finaca has every single plan of every single floating item made in Italy after Nero.

Daiquiry or Pete Radcliffe are the ones to contact, they deal with these donkeys daily.

RPR

13. jezequelyachtde

jezequelyachtde New Member

hi Marcial, maybe i can help, our father is passed away like you know, but not his work. so if i can help you on you boat, please feel free, like everybody there, obviousely
    Vincent

14. Kiwi Odyssey

Kiwi Odyssey New Member

Hi Vincent, I am sorry about your father, I have parents in medical care myself and await the enevitable conclusion.
    As mentioned I have a 1985/86 Grand Soleil 46, hull number 0047 "ROBEMAR"
    I was hoping to find any drawings and specifications of the boat to help with the New Zealand certification process. I would like to find out as much as I can about the boat and will be happy to pay for any information you may have.
    Thank you for your help
    Kind regards
    Lance
    my email adress is;

l.richardson@barfoot.co.nz

15. Marcial Campos

Thank you for your message Vincent.
    let me say that although I never met your father he has my highest admiration as a designer. I have owned a Grand Soleil 46 built in 1986 since 1995 and my family and I simply love it.
    Since I have no drawings beyond an old brochure with not much technical information, I would join Lance from New Zealand in asking if you have any. I would also like to find out as much as I can, including things like stability calculations, and I would of course be willing to pay for the information.
    Thank you for your help and my sincere condoleances for your father.
    Best regards
    Marcial
    marcialcampos@telefonica.net

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.