minesweeper design

Discussion in 'Class Societies' started by imrankhaled, Apr 7, 2009.

1. imrankhaled

imrankhaled Junior Member

i am designing a preliminary design of minesweeper.i have already done with lines, ga, scantling, shellplating, hydrostatic calculation. i have no opportunity to test that wheather it is right or wrong. if anyone interested plz email me at imrankhaled@yahoo.com i am also facing some problem in rudder design, shafting and engine arrangement . anyone can help me in this case plz mail me at imrankhaled@yahoo.com .

2. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

A. Why do you need a Minesweeper.
    B. It would be better to post question on forum to get then answered.

3. imrankhaled

my adviser has given me the task to design a minesweeper. and i just want to check that my design is correct or not. actually i want to upgrade my task. can you help me plz . do you have any rulebook regarding warship design . i am really especting co operation from seniors and if this happen i will be greatly helped

4. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Warship design.... Jane fighting ships are reference here...
    Make it Fast, heavy, redundant, crew quarters, lots of electrical capacity, cranes, winches, masts...
    But Minesweepers have particular needs. Made so ship is not Magenetic, they used be made of wood, now made of composites or Aluminum.

5. Luckless

Luckless Senior Member

Biggest thing for a modern mine sweeping boat is that it should actually be a small fleet, not a single boat. The boats doing the actual sweeps shouldn't carry crew. Modern mines are far too dangerous to bother risking humans to deal with them. If you are going to try designing a new mine sweeper, design it as a drone!

1 person likes this.
  6. apex1

apex1 Guest

7. YuriB

YuriB Junior Member

8. imrankhaled

THANK YOU ALL . CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT HOW TO DESIGN A MINESWEEPER ENGINE ROOM ARRANGEMENT.YuriB , CAN YOU GIVE ME THE MINESWEEPER DESIGNS YOU REFFER BY MAIL. I WILL BE GREATLY HELPED. THANK YOU ALL AGAIN. IF ANY BODY INTEREST TO TEST MY DESIGN I AM THERE TO CONTACT WITH YOU.

9. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Attached Files:

10. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

How detailed does your ER layout need to be?

11. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Man... Wish I could play with one of those Littoral Combat Ships....Sweet

12. imrankhaled

Here Is An Example . I Need A Arrangement Like This But I Cound Not Find The Engine Drawing , Can Anybody Help In This Case

Attached Files:

13. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Since you already have a "typical arrangement" and you wish yours to be like that, you have all the information you need?

If you want a dwg of a 750BHP engine, then just contact the engine suppliers or try the CAD blocks in this website.

14. Boston

Boston Previous Member

way to make the modern observation Mr Luckfull ( what can I say Im a glass is half full kind of thinker ) I love that idea although I have nothing for the US military but Ill throw you a few points for that one
    seems the age of fighter jets is moving into highly maneuverable remote swarms as well. I just never thought it would apply to surface ships.

15. imrankhaled

with your help i am somehow done with engine foundation. now i am going to design propeller shaft, can anyone help me with any reference book. any body have the book "PROPELLER HANDBOOK" by DAVE GIRR.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.