double bottom inquiry

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by Brian.Lin, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Brian.Lin

Brian.Lin Junior Member

I am trying to find some data of double bottom from small aluminum boat (Abt 20~40m)
    does any one can provide us some data such as mid ship. welding schedule...for reference.?

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Everything depends, as is logical, on the scantlings of the ship and the constructive solutions adopted. As an example of a 40' aluminum boat you can see the attached file.

Attached Files:

3. Brian.Lin

Brian.Lin Junior Member

Dear TANSL,

thanks for your prompt reply.
    our biggest problem is we have no experience for the double bottom arrangement.
    and we have no reference data for the double bottom assemble. how to decide the double bottom assemble order?

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I attached some drawings that I hope will help you but if you give me more details of your boat I might be able to give you some more specific advice for it.

Attached Files:

5. Brian.Lin

Brian.Lin Junior Member

Dear TANSL,

thx for your helpful drawing.
    if the vessel equip inboard diesel engine with FPP, how to arrange the double bottom in engine room/steering room.
    another , for the waterjet propulsion, how to arrange double bottom?

6. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

If you show me a GA of your ship, maybe I could advise you better. One possibility is that the engine room does not have a double bottom, or that it is higher than the rest of the ship.
    Send me a PM with your email to exchange information, if you want to maintain the confidentiality of your project.

7. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

If you know how to do a FO tank, it is no different.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.