michlet tutorial

Discussion in 'Software' started by pavel915, Feb 28, 2007.

1. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

I need a free program for finding the frictional and wave making resitance of ships. I have one 'michlet' , but i dont have any tutorial of it and i am not gettig any information how to use it.
    please provide me some link for tutorial of michlet or link of any other free software for finding resitance.
    thank you all!

2. Martijn_vE

Martijn_vE Marine software developer

See the file "michman.htm" in the docs subdirectory "docs".
    It contains all the information you need.

3. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

thanks Martijn

4. terhohalme

terhohalme BEng Boat Technology

Yep,

RTFM-method is allways a recommended method. Sadly, often ignored by impatient yougsters.

(RTFM = Read The F...ing Manual)

5. Mikey

Mikey Senior Member

TFMIU says the youngster. Not true though, just takes a bit of time and youngsters are impatient.

(TFMIU = The F...ing Manual Is Unreadable)
    Old computer jargon :)

6. CGN

CGN Senior Member

Mikey All questions are welcome but sometimes we don't read the manual properly or we don't read it at all, Michlet has all the info you need to use it you just need to read it, also there is a tutorial on spanish on how to use michlet, maybe not much of help (becouse is in spanish) but is very well done and IMO easy to follow.

cheers

7. Mikey

Mikey Senior Member

CGN, I'm OK with the manual though I must admit that I didn't understand enough the first time I read it and had to read it several times. That is as it should be because the reason for that was that I was not 100% familiar with the subject :)

The manual is fine
    (could be more comprehensive, but I have only used the free version of the programme so I shouldn't say that either:) )

Mikey

8. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

There is only a free version. I gave up trying to charge for the code a couple of years ago because I couldn't find a satisfactory price. $US100 is fine for some people, but several weeks salary for others. I tried using 3 hours salary as a basis, but then some people started posting me zloty and other funny money which was not worth going to the bank to exchange. (Donations are still gratefully accepted now that I have gone back to school and am only on a small scholarship).

Have fun!
    Leo.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.