From one package to another

Discussion in 'Software' started by Willallison, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

IGES into Prosurf

Got another one for you:
    The clunky old (Borrowed!) version of Multisurf that I use won't calculate heeled stability. To try to overcome this, I exported the hull as IGES surfaces then inported it into a demo of prosurf. Most of the hydrostatics come out the same. But when I tried to do it with a catamaran, Prosurf gives me a displacement of almost double!:confused:
    Any clues?

2. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

hmmm... not takers huh?

Well to complicate matters further, I tried running the Hydros through Rhino / Phaser. Get a displacement of a little over half the correct figure.....:confused: :confused: :confused:

In the end, I did it the old fashioned way - a planimeter, 10 pages of calculations and a pencil - a lot of work, but at least I got the right answer (I hope...;) )

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.