MAC getting into CAD

Discussion in 'Software' started by duluthboats, Apr 29, 2003.

1. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

Maybe this is old news to some but was new to me.

Article

Gary :D

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Very interesting, especially the hint about Autodesk expressing some interest in developing for the Mac.

I always found it strange, back in the day when the Macintosh was king of the graphics world, that there has always been such a narrow selection of CAD software. Not that there weren’t one or two great cad programs available for the Mac… just not enough selection and security in numbers to switch.

In a related note, there was talk this week about OSX being ported over to run on X86 hardware. I actually find that more interesting because I prefer the free market choice and slightly more competitive market which PC’s have (AMD vs. Intel, many different computer builders/system integrators) that Mac’s lack.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.