Method to predict resistance of bare hull without bulbous bow

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Shahroz, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Shahroz

Shahroz New Member

Can I use Holtrop method to predict the resistance of bare hull without bulbous bow? Or is there any other method like Holtrop to predict the resistance of such hull forms?

Any help or information would be appreciated.

Shahroz

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Check yourself if your hull is within the limits that the Holtrop-Mennen method itself sets. Of course, a hull without bulb can be calculated by that method if the above is fulfilled.

3. Gotenz

Gotenz New Member

Hi Shahroz,

I never tested Holtrop with the Hull without bulbous bow so nothing I can comment
    on the accuracy of the prediction result.
    But yes, Holtrop is the most used method at least in Napa software so the prediction can be done.

As you may know, Holtrop is from 1984 so we can say that it is based from very old ship model.
    The newer one that we can expect is Hollenbach method.
    Both of these prediction method is available in Napa.

4. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Shahroz,

Well, that's hard to say. Since you have provided no details of what you mean by "such hull forms".

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.