Metacentric height is always 24/12, or so.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by apex1, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

So can we count on you too ;)

1 person likes this.
  2. mcollins07

mcollins07 Senior Member

Texas is a fairly big place. Any idea what part of texas he lives in?

3. apex1

apex1 Guest

Yeah,

in Colorado!

Texas was given up.

4. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

The rivers in Colorado are quite energetic. Hopefully there are some nice tranquil lakes nearby.

5. Tiny Turnip

Tiny Turnip Senior Member

I'd be delighted to help. A lovely thing to do. Is there anyone local to co-ordinate and supervise building?

6. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

7. apex1

apex1 Guest

Thank you all MATES !!!

Actually I know there is a calm and shallow river behind his house going into a larger lake.

I am trying to get in contact with the parents first. It is a senseless effort here if we do´nt have their permission.

I keep you updated!

Richard

8. apex1

apex1 Guest

I might have a "assistant" in the region, for a S&G or taped seam build.

Wait for parents response.

R
    R

and thanks to lewisboats for reducing my pointage again! I know you are not a friend of this project, go cry in your pillow!

9. M-Sasha

M-Sasha Guest

Richard what have you assumed? Such people do not like effort for free or volunteer. they like penny´s to penny´s and get rich after twohundred years.
    Doing something for others is not right in the mind of them.
    Can not give the points back, but you need them not. I mean do not need them.

Alexander

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010
  10. M-Sasha

M-Sasha Guest

When i have seen this for the first time i was hold back to reply. Now christmas is over and I can do say what I want.

You are a destroyer, a nutcracker, a killjoy (i have to translate that, i hop i was right).

Richard i am in like the many others and i hope it go´s good. Like Troy sais, with some Geld.

Alexander

11. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

You'd be surprised how many people would love to do something like that for free. Americans have a long tradition of volunteering for causes they like.

When I was a carpenter and later a contractor, I always gave away a little of my time to help others. As my father put it: if you're lucky enough to be able to make your own way in this world, you should give the world a little back.

I once had a woman from a European country tell me that made us a nation of suckers. Guilty as charged, I suppose. I'll live with it.

12. apex1

apex1 Guest

Troy,

A long tradition in helping each other can be claimed in many societies. The Soviet people have a (not so nice) tradition on that.
    My own activities, buying and restoring nearly 4000 tonnes of old steamships over the years may show, I am not unfamiliar with it too.

The fact, that only one member here pissed into the soup, made me as furious as Sasha may be, but I held back for the sake of a result for the benefit of our youngest member. Obviously Alexander was as clever, he replied to lewisboats destructing post after christmas, not before.
    And I must say, I would have choosen a harsher formulation than my Ukrainian friend.

My
    Regards
    Richard

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
  13. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I misunderstood. I thought he was questioning the general idea that someone would be willing to help the young man. I should learn to read more carefully, I guess.

But it brought back unpleasant memories of a French girlfriend who mocked me, for not charging an old woman to repair her rocking chair. We didn't last long together....

14. apex1

apex1 Guest

Troy,

welcome as always.

You may have overlooked the tiny little footnote in my post #69

Alexander does never overlook anything!

15. mgriffin

mgriffin Previous Member

The meta-centric height is the distance between the center of gravity of a ship and its meta-center.

I did not know about this thread until a few hours ago...
    I would like to say this:
    PLEASE DO NOT DONATE MONEY TO ME!!!
    I do not need money.
    I have chosen a design. I will NOT USE INBOARD!!!
    And,
    I DO NOT NEED HELP BUILDING MY BOAT
    (my dad has already agreed to help me with the jig saw)
    I will buy a cheap outboard!

So, all I need to know now is:
    Skin on frame or taped seam?

To let you guys know, since you are STILL trying to choose a design for me, I will make your life easier.
    http://koti.kapsi.fi/hvartial/dinghy1/simboii.htm

That little boat is perfect for the canal behind my house and all of the lakes around here....

Seriously, This is my @%&!!ing final decision on a boat design!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.