The Streets of Monaco... And you thought that you'd already seen everything, right?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by daiquiri, Jan 12, 2011.

1. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

After the floating drawer http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-design/solar-maximum-31633.html#post347114, now we have... this thing:

http://www.superyachtdesign.com/concepts.asp?cid=657

[​IMG]

No, it's not a joke (I believe)... It is, or should be, a superyacht. Looks like a Disneyland on torpedoes, but it will also have a down-sized F1 racecar track and, I mean - that's so cool! How can anyone think about having a superyacht without a down-sized F1 racecar track anyways?

But who can explain this thing better than its creator - so, in his words:

"With its own fully functional go kart circuit, The Streets of Monaco by Yacht Island Design is a 155-metre concept like no other. The design recreates a small section of the Principality of Monaco, home to the famous Formula One track and the Monaco Yacht Show. Basically, the superyacht acts as a floating island, harnessing the benefits that come from SWATH platforms, the main advantage being excellent stability."

I like to imagine this thing will be made of bricks and concrete. Somehow it appears to be the most suitable material...

Oh, and the best (?) part is - the deck volume appears to be barely sufficient to accomodate 16 guests. Guess each of them will be given a walkie-talkie, so they can communicate with each other and perhaps fix a meeting somewhere on board. :rolleyes:

Now, you've guessed it right - I don't like it. But it doesn't mean that you shouldn't feel free to like it, if you wish. What I am really wondering now is this: could it be that the future of superyachting might look like this? Land building look-alikes put on pontoons? What do you think? But then, are we (folks at BD.net) really able to comprehend or envision what will the future of superyachting look like? We seem to pursue some other design and yachting goals here... All of a sudden I feel inadequate to look into a future, and I've never had a that problem before... :eek:

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

3. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I think I could learn to live with it
    course I'd have to run it on Bio-diesel :idea:

as long as it comes with the mini F-1 cars tho, I don't want to have to be paying extra for the custom stuff.

4. yipster

yipster designer

5. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

Id like to know where you got the Notion?

Fantastic.

I would love to put that on Lake Winnipasauki in NH

Maybe run Charters for "Special People' that can afford to fly in with there own Helicopters.

"Rock the Boat, Dont tip the boat over, Dont rock the boat Bayby"

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.