Mercury waterpressure gauge

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by slow fred, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

My reputation is intact --however you ability to read is under question.

2. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

Well I had not seen you on here for a bit ...got worried for your health ..bit supprised you posting some technically inacurate information .....thought if I countered it you could flex your muscles could prove you were still Frosty......Beware there is another frosty on the net ...Joined SOS forum recently...so far has not demonstrated your style ...... for flow volt drop in wires and pressure drop in pipes no argument.
    Glad you are back

3. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

The exhaust cover gets the water first from the water pump on every outboard I have ever seen. Hence the pisser is usually connected there.
    PS got nothing to do with draining water from the block, although any water above it will drain out and it may let air in to drain the powerhead faster.
    Water did drain out of engines for the 75 years before the pisser was invented.
    Its the thermostat and or pressure relief valves that create the pressure in the powerhead ( clearly there is some resistance which also creates pressure)
    Try running a pressure gauge on an old merc that doesnt have a thermo or any pressure relief system and you will find almost no pressure.

4. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

I said exhaust not exhaust cover ie into the leg and like Gonzo says the pisser drains the head .....all this haggle over a simple techinical slip by Frosty

5. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

yep
    we must all be very bored

6. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

yes its a (_._) when Frosty slips up.....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.