Mercury Black Scorpion

Discussion in 'Inboards' started by dick stave, Nov 28, 2007.

1. dick stave

dick stave Senior Member

I have been offered a complete black scorpion engine with very few hours that was not winterized and frozen. Cosequently, the block and exhaust manifolds are cracked. Can anyone help with sourcing a replacement new block and marine manifolds and ballpark the cost? Also, could this engine be closed cooled for riverjet use? The mercury sight states closed cooling is not available for this engine package.

2. krisnowicki

krisnowicki Junior Member

what is the engine size?

3. dick stave

dick stave Senior Member

I should have been more specific. It's a 5.7 litre V8 with tunnel ram and electronic fuel injection rated at 330 h.p. These engines go in ski/ wakeboard boats. I am suspicious as to how the electronic controle module is programmed as tow boats run at lower maintained speeds. Any info ?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.