Power Steering

Discussion in 'Inboards' started by mikealston2428, Sep 2, 2015.

1. mikealston2428

mikealston2428 Senior Member

Hi All,

I have a problem that I can't get an answer for from a number of parts dealers I have contacted.

I need to replace the power steering actuator on my boat.

The part number for the existing actuator is 568549 57286.

The last set of numbers is a reference to the mounting bracket in the back of the boat.

This is a very old unit and my belief is I can upgrade to a new unit that will fit the existing mounting bracket.

I am also of the understanding that I will need to purchase a upgrade hose kit also.

Can anyone please tell me if I am correct and if so what the part number is for the upgrade actuator unit and hose kit.

Many Thanks,
    Mike.

2. 7228sedan

7228sedan Senior Member

Mike, can you provide a little more information? Manufacturer of steering system would be great! If not, make model of boat & the engine (s)

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I'm pretty sure you want the KE-4 actuator from Teleflex (Morse), which is a retrofit unit for multiple station systems.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.