Memorable Quotes

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Meanz Beanz, Apr 30, 2008.

1. masalai

masalai masalai

Wot, to empty the bottle? - - or - - pay for another one or two or...

2. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Well, I might, if a really nice-looking Meleagris Gallopavo Silvestris were to ask me.

3. masalai

masalai masalai

I do not know the Latin name but how about a "dancing Brolga"? They do something like the "surfies stomp" of the 60's/70's era as part of their mating ritual - rather rare - and protected - - - - (I am not one:D:D:D)

4. ancient kayaker

The only dance I can do well is the Gully Gully. I may be the last one on the planet.

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Have your ever see a baby Elephant standing waving its trunk about. Well that about 7 times better dancing than I could ever do.

I can do the "get drunk and fall over dance"

I hate dancing,-- which is why going to parties was difficult for me and mixing with the opposite sex was --uncomfortable. I had a glass eye in those day and the girls didnt like it because it would drop down and it would look like I was looking at there ****. I did meet one girl who did'nt mind if i took it out while we talked. I remember her asking if I would be there next week and I unfortunately replied " yes I will I'lle keep my eye out for you".

Sigh,--I should have said something else.

6. ancient kayaker

The war will be over in 6 weeks
    -A. Hitler
    the war will be over in 6 weeks
    -G. W. Bush
    -Edward III (started the 100 years war)
    -Hadrian (invaded Palestine)

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Where all this fking water coming from --capt Titanic.

How close can you get to that Ice burg?---first officer Titanic.

8. ancient kayaker

We're running out of ice, get some more.
    -barman, Titanic

9. masalai

masalai masalai

Here is one that possibly can be described in :Frosty talk as " - - I resemble that - - " - - “My first wish is to see this plague of mankind, war, banished from the earth." - - George Washington

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    Abraham Lincoln

“You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
    Abraham Lincoln

“You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves."
    Abraham Lincoln

“War is the unfolding of miscalculations."
    Barbara Tuchman

“In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out...without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable"
    H.L. Mencken

“Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."
    Abraham Lincoln

“Give me liberty or give me death."
    Patrick Henry

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
    Thomas Jefferson

"The US government is on a “burning platform” of unsustainable policies and practices with fiscal deficits, chronic healthcare underfunding, immigration and overseas military commitments threatening a crisis if action is not taken soon."
    David M. Walker

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    Abraham Lincoln

“Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful mastercharacter, give him power."
    George Washington

“Every time you cut programs, you take away a person who has a vested interest in high taxes and you put him on the tax rolls and make him a taxpayer."
    Grover Norquist

“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."
    Mark Twain

“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong."
    Voltaire

“I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do."
    Harper Lee

“When the American spirit was in its youth, the language of America was different: Liberty, sir, was the primary object."
    Patrick Henry

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

10. bntii

bntii Senior Member

"Lets start here."

11. myark

myark Senior Member

“A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral.”
    ― Leo Tolstoy

12. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Even in the valley of the shadow of death, two and two do not make six.
    Leo Tolstoy

13. myark

myark Senior Member

“I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.”
    ― Leonardo da Vinci

14. AndySGray

AndySGray Senior Member

If god had intended us to be vegetarians, he wouldn't have given us BACON!

15. myark

myark Senior Member

“Even as a junkie I stayed true [to vegetarianism] - 'I shall have heroin, but I shan't have a hamburger.' What a sexy little paradox.”
    ― Russell Brand, My Booky Wook

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.