Memorable Quotes

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Meanz Beanz, Apr 30, 2008.

1. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

sorry Mas.,, been real freakin sore this week,, hurt my damned neck by tripping over 1 of the girls,, and feel like ****. ,, i just came out of bedroom, waiting for my 6 year old to get home, cause she really wants to help me butcher 2 ring neck pheasants,, dont even feel like moving,, but other then that,, doing o.k. .
    finally realizing that every winter my neck feels worse and worse,, dam i need to retire, make the wifers get a job,, im ready for a vacation !!

hows all with you and yours?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    One of the serious obstacles to the improvement of our race is indiscriminate charity.
    - Andrew Carnegie
    To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost.
    - Gustave Flaubert
    War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory.
    - Georges Clemenceau
    Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.
    - Woody Allen
    Sometimes the mind, for reasons we don't necessarily understand, just decides to go to the store for a quart of milk.
    - Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Well thanks Jim, been posting on my usual "Global politics...", "Boat Jokes", "The Drivel Thread", "A grumpy old bath....", and Fanies thread "Boxy Fisher.....", and limit posts there usually whilst your countrymen are still upset with "Aussy stirers".....

God Bless and take care...

3. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

well ,, if their not mad at aussies,, their mad at south africans,, after that is their last resort,, and us hippies take it,, lol,, but all we do is laugh @ em all ,, hehe ;)

4. bntii

bntii Senior Member

damn hippies!

:D

1 person likes this.
  5. masalai

masalai masalai

I can see that you are laughing too bntii.... :D:D:D:D You forget I am in spiritual form.... (Masali, loosely translated from PNG tok-pisin is "ghost or spirit"...)

6. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

7. masalai

masalai masalai

8. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

9. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

hahahhaa ,,, that pic looks like my family reunions hahaha ;)

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Amongst many things I have been called "a pain in the neck" is one of them so I hope yours is not too painful or long lasting - I like the finger..... It takes a little while to cycle and I didn't see it the other day (I gotta look at the keyboard when I type and only look up to see if I have any red squiggly underlines (spelling errors).....

11. masalai

masalai masalai

As a sign of the times I am inspired to misquote Shakespeare - Mark Anthony's speech at the murder of Caesar...

Friends, Romans, countrymen (cockroaches), lend me your ears (listen well you brainwashed destitute peons, arise and defend your dwindling personal assets and resources)... The evil that men do lives after them (except for bankers and other financial wizards who shall always remain blameless - having harvested/STOLEN immense wealth from you all - - and for even the most horrendous of crimes) the good is oft interred with their bones (except for modern day politicians and other "public worthies" who ensure they are graciously remembered for their charitable works and edifices in the forecourts of distinguished Universities, Libraries and other "public buildings" funded by some of their criminal activities) So let be with Caesar (and all the lying, cheating thieving and murderous swine who enforced the good citizens of the world into destitution, debt and other fiscally derived misery) The noble Brutus (a murderer) hath told you that Caesar was ambitious (another greedy ******* who was looking after himself) and if this were so then grievously hath Caesar answered it (and a great pity that many more guilty of pillaging their own country did not suffer likewise)....

12. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

There are three rules for writing the novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
    - W. Somerset Maugham
    Listening, not imitation, may be the sincerest form of flattery.
    - Dr. Joyce Brothers
    My work is a game, a very serious game.
    - M. C. Escher
    He played the king as if afraid someone else would play the ace.
    - John Mason Brown
    To err is human--and to blame it on a computer is even more so.
    - Robert Orben

13. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Jim, If you have not been reading quietly then you have a lot of catching up to do.... Houses sold but Buderim not quite settled yet.... Slander & defamation laws inhibit any further discourse, apart from declaring it is causing me extreme mental stress and anguish....

Moved in to a small cottage whilst preparing to build boat & then retirement home" if the money extends that far - the vageries of the market and investments do nothing for confidence in ones future prospects.... Planned retirement? - no such thing - when one has to rely on some economic certainty and stability....

The European banking sector is expected to crash like a castle made of cards as a consequence of "investment in new eastern European countries (ex USSR & now part of the Euro community)".... Bigger bang than so far in USA?..... Does that leave Australia and NZ as the only bastions of English language to survive (unless we go out in sympathy/apathy... :D:D:D:D ?????????????

14. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

hiya Mas.. trying to catch up on the reading,, but think maybe i'll just jump in and not worry whats already been said hehe ;)
    glad ta hear bout the house,, well, 1 house gone is better then neither..
    im on the usual,, "ta hell with the economy" still,, me and the family got an airstream camper, gonna camp out for 2 or 3 months, save some cash, then we're on our way to Maine. im tired of missing home. to many "family" problems here,, and going to a place where we'll have a big 3 story house on the side of a mountain,, an hour away have a cottage on the lake,, and way up north, a hunting cabin. getting rid of my birds,, will start up again in Maine. and in the process of moving things to storage now.....
    man im getting old....

15. masalai

masalai masalai

Jim, Build a boat then where you go so does your home - no more of this packing and unpacking.... This has been an experience I do not wish to repeat... Less possessions = a simpler life, Just plant gardens everywhere, then when I come back should have pumpkin, cue-comber, watermelon, banana, pineapples and pawpaw/papaya etc..... :D:D:D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.