Meet Wanda; Can Anyone Help Me ID This Boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Rebel01, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Rebel01

Rebel01 Junior Member

I have found this derelict, abandoned boat and have a dream of restoring her. First, I have to find the last registered owner. I live in Greece, and unfortunately, you can't register a boat here unless you have papers for it already. There are no titles, but the registration has to be transferred to me before I can think about restoring this. I could invest 1000's of $'s in it and then not be able to ever legally put it on the water. :(

I have pics of the hull number and registration numbers only. She's been stripped of basically anything identifiable.

My thoughts for this project, if I can find the owner and switch over the registration are do an outboard conversion and full exterior/interior restore. I basically want to do a fish/ski setup on it. My kids love water sports and I love to fish. ;)

Attached Files:

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

So the registration authority can't run the reg number through their system and reveal the latest owner ?

3. Rebel01

Rebel01 Junior Member

That's my starting point, except things work a little prehistoric here in Greece. If there were something like a DMV or central location for this, it would be easy. Of course, I haven't lived in Greece for very long, so my language skills are limited. I have to take someone to translate for, such as my wife, and let me tell you, she's not very enthusiastic about going to these offices where everyone is having a bad day to ask about boat registrations. LOL.

4. Rebel01

Rebel01 Junior Member

Mostly, I am looking to possibly identify the build type and model numbers to see what information I can dig up on its specs, etc.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.