Seakeeping of mooring FPSO

Discussion in 'Software' started by miss sue, Dec 11, 2013.

1. miss sue

miss sue New Member

I want to make simulation on the turret mooring of FPSO but I have problem when I do the sea-keeping. I try with some of the cable but it never works, the FPSO keep bouncing off from the sea when i use catenary mooring line. Another problem when I try use the polynomial the FPSO start capsize slowly. Sorry I do not know so much about how to make use on the mooring line. I try everything. Maybe I don't understand the meaning of this parameters and thus I put wrong values. Can someone please explain me what have I to do to analyze the cable's effects on the system. Is there something missing? Can anyone help me.

Attached Files:

2. jugal_dear

jugal_dear New Member

Regarding your mooring line FPSO

Hello,
    Can you attach all files and inputs that you are specifying for your FPSO?
    I have done many mooring analysis (Spread and Turret) and I believe I can help you with my database.

3. Pan

Pan Junior Member

Hi jugal, are you still there? I might need a little help from you. Thank you.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.