Hello im new!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by AaronFrench, Dec 15, 2005.

1. AaronFrench

AaronFrench New Member

Hello, thought it polite to introduce myself! Im from the UK and am interested in the design and history of powerboats in the retail sector. I currently own a JCL Mamba (I wonder how many of you have ever seen one of these!) which I am lovingly restoring to better than new! Would like to hear from anyone who owns, owned or is interested in/knows anything about any of the JCL Marine boats ie Mamba, Mirage, Mystere, Mistral or Marauder, the earlier pre Colin Chapman Pegasus 35 or the loosely related Lancer Marine Sealance 35!

Thanks
    Aaron

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Welcome aboard, Aaron!

I'm no expert on JCL- they were before my time- quite a lot on the web about them though. They seem to have a pretty close following, http://www.moonraker.dk/eng_index.htm as an example. There is some evidence of an owners' club in the UK; there's also http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andy.hayward/ where they seem to be compiling some sort of history of the breed- you've probably already been in touch with some of these groups. Good luck on your restoration!

3. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Never heard of JCL, nor do I want to - not rally into noise at all! But apart from that welcome to the party! be warned there's a lot of p** takers down here in the open section (it could be said by an old ornery scotsman (note small 's' from Oz) that I could be one of the main ones! But you have any problems we'll do our level best to help. So as I said welcome to the party and may all your problems be easy to give to other!:D :D

4. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Hello I'm new

Welcome to the forum - but be warned - there are a lot of p** takers down here in the open section...especially one old curmudgeon from Cornwall.... :D

5. safewalrus

Thankee kindly Bergalia for the recognition I so richly deserve (cur mudge in thingy is of course a complement ain't it! Bit like Sasenach - from the old celtic meaning 'man of proud bearing, noble man and leader of peoples' unlike Bergalia which also comes from the old celtic meaning ' awld man who whines and follows, from a distance':p

6. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Hello I'm new

A 'great' distance, if you don't mind Walrus. A great distance....;)

7. safewalrus

Understandably - touche my friend;)

8. Wellydeckhand

Wellydeckhand Previous Member

touch me anywhere, anydays.....:D:D:D....... Welcome..... although i am new myself.........:)

9. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

hehe, I would love to tell you welcome myself, but I'm so new here that I don't think I'm entitled to. :D

Andre

10. safewalrus

'course you are 'baggy' more than welcome to say hello (with the amount of posts you ain't that new, not quite as old as some of us, eh Bergalia but old enough

(used to say that to all the girlies in my youth, now it tends to be more YOUNG enough):D

11. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Thanks Wally :)

(I'm 32, so I'm in the clear for another ten years (1.5 decades in either direction is fine ;) )

12. safewalrus

bloody Children!:p

13. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

AH!! I'm 33, not 32!!!

Gees, I need to start building before I suffer too much from amnesia, lol!

14. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Hehe, indeed, Wally.

15. safewalrus

Carefully Baggy you gets this loss of memory stuff from having to many children they do tell me &^**()%^£^%:)rolleyes: now what was it i was onabout?:D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.