Maybe Massalai was right after all

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Boston, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Psychology is everything here. Money doesn't exist anyway, neither is gold valuable. It is a perceived value. When my parents left a communist country they traded there gold for pennies on the dollar to get out, and buy transport. Ten of thousands in gold bought hundreds. Debt is just paper, like a mortgage it is an obligation. But if you can't pay you walk away. The secret is that if everybody realize this there is anarchy and governments lose control over the people. A dictators only power is the ignorance of its people. The same applies to economics. So 4 trillion, 10 trillion, 100 trillion, does not matter. It is like saying I like that 100 million dollar boat over there, it aint going to happen. The political process of kicking the can down to next person will continue until there is no more can.

By the way I studied psychology because I traded stocks, futures and currency. It is all about the herd mentality and greed. The biggest challenge in trading to separate yourself from these emotions and just act on instinct.

2. masalai

masalai masalai

http://www.gata.org/node/11024 "EU creditor countries poised to micromanage Greece - - Submitted by cpowell on Thu, 2012-02-23 22:21. Section: Daily Dispatches - - ... while sucking its blood dry." - - - The current form of the 'bailout' may not be activated as the banksters may have the capacity to confiscate Greek's gold :eek: :D :D :p

http://www.gata.org/node/11023 "In search of the 'gold bubble' in Palm Springs - - Dan Ameduri, who attended Cambridge House's California Investment Conference in Indian Wells this month, took his video camera to adjacent Palm Springs in search of the "gold bubble" often reported on business television channels. A two-minute summary of his search isn't likely to induce a selling panic. You can find it at YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR79r9WmUQM&feature=channel_video_title "

Bix Weir has this to report - - "Well here's an interesting little announcement from the CFTC last night... - CFTC Orders New York Firm D.E. Shaw & Co. L.P. to Pay $140,000 Penalty for Violating Soybean and Corn Futures Speculative Position Limits - - http://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/pr6186-12 " - - - - - - Another prosecution less mild slap on the wrist "fee" for fraudulent & illegal 'profit-taking'...

www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=29388 "The 'Global Crises of Capitalism'; Whose Crises, Who Profits? " - - Is another "bunch of lies" for the anonymous 'denialist' poster of negative rep instead of logically debating the reason for their perceived narrow bigoted view... Be honest now, it is a legitimate view of some one living outside USA, (Canada?), who have justified their case and position with a carefully composed, (The sentences are logical, grammatically understandable and with minimal spelling errors...), written essay... As such it is valid and useful information, for It represents how others perceive and understand the USA... The content may not be a balm to your heart, in fact, probably the opposite...
    On a similar vein, however, I watched/listened to a USA journalist operating in the middle east recanting some stories on a local TV interview... She was most impressive in her understanding or the situation... Quite enlightening... But it seems USA derived movies were locally interpreted to demonstrate that all USA women were "easy" to say the least as she was "perpetually being pinched, poked or grabbed" by passers by, 'expecting an acceptance of their presence in a bedroom' - - with several being "punched out"... USA is not held in high esteem in many countries... SADLY...

On a lighter note, my favourite email alerting me to Ed Steer's daily - - http://www.caseyresearch.com/gsd/edition/india-silver-imports-may-top-5000-tonnes-2012 - If you are not into gold and silver bullion action go direct to http://www.caseyresearch.com/gsd/ed...000-tonnes-2012#subnode-section-critical_read for the section starting with the "critical reads" list and on to the "funnies"... :D :D

3. masalai

masalai masalai

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-25/protesters-march-on-kabul-over-koran-burning/3852342 "Protesters march on Kabul over Koran burning" - - - - WHY was the situation inflamed by a senseless act of burning?

Australian political silliness http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-24/gillard-and-rudd-rivalry-history/3847676 "Gillard and Rudd: How it came to this"
    and more dirty linen being aired.... http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/labor-rivalry-turns-dirty/story-e6freooo-1226281099536

http://www.caseyresearch.com/gsd/ed...tice-gold-again-until-another-record-high-set

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Maybe masali is right all along. Cricky mas I saw a BBc documentary this morning. I was just having a coffee on the aft deck and left the TV on after the news. On came a documentary about USA, ---crickey .

At 2 am 500 cars tried to park up in the car park of a Gym hall in Tenessee, when I say poor they arrived in cars!!! poor people had come because they had heard that in the morning doctors would give free consultation.

One guy could not afford the dentist and his teeth were broken, one guy had a hernia so bad his stomach inards pertruded his body The doctor advised imediate surgery he cried -he could not afford the 20,000 dollar quoted, he went home with his wife.

4 million more people have no health care since Obama said he would do something.

Then they went to the big city that made cars --or use to I forget the name. It looked like Berut it was just bare even the police station and fire station empty.

I did not know US was in such a mess. It showed homeless people camping out under sheets like Afganistan or Pakistan.

BBC dont make Bull documentaries, it was unbelivable.

They say its not getting better but worse as debt increases.

5. masalai

masalai masalai

The disease has spread globally, - - - - - Seems, - - a few are sorted and appropriately prepared, - - many who are aware are resigned to their fate, - - some persist in hope to rely on their dopey 'gubmint' to fix things. - - All the rest are totally blind in denial, wherever that is (in Egypt somewhere?).

I am reasonably sorted... I hope you are................. Lovely Lady is still in denial as she does not want to acknowledge she may well loose her 'castle'... I fear that the economic collapse may be at any time in the next x years... Society is getting more and more dysfunctional and the changes in mood are evident daily...

6. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Collapse means only one thing- its time to get to work rebuilding..
    This leaves plenty to do for the folk left nose to grindstone.

For my part, I am starting to think that this year I might finish up my Lawton tender build.
    I can dream can't I??:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  7. Bamby

Bamby Junior Member

Is this the BBC documentary in this link that you're referring to Frosty? IMHO it is a bad situation here, and it ain't likely to get any better in the foreseeable future....

8. yipster

yipster designer

not gettin better there eighter i read but after checking its reasuring to know people do prep
    [​IMG]

9. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi bntii,
    - Thanks for posting, GET to it and build, It is a great 'constructive' activity and one that you will enjoy long after building is completed, in almost every possible way... Building a boat for ones own personal use should be a compulsory rite of passage to adulthood....
    - Most people will survive quite OK, but many seniors will loose their assets and old age pension income because it has been squandered by corrupt people and stupid governments...
    - Just think for a moment before jumping to absurd conclusions, The economic collapse will be disastrous but not necessarily life threatening - BUT there will be many angry and really pissed people around seeking to 'vent their anger on those they suspect to be to blame'... That is a sad aspect of human nature...
    - The wise and prepared will have taken action to secure water for drinking, renewable/sustainable energy (wind, water and solar), grow their own food, and consequently life a far more healthy lifestyle of fresh and good unprocessed food and disposal and recycling of waste products...
    - The timing is in the lap of those who are intent on "Kicking the can further down the road" so the 'event' does not occur during their watch, but history will hopefully proclaim that during their watch the problem grew 'xyz' billions or trillions greater and the pain to be endured extended out for another 1 to 5 generations of 'no-growth-indebtedness'... like Japan over the past 20 years but lots worse...

Hi Bamby,
    That link seems to fit frosty's description... I wonder if he will verify it?

Hi yipster,
    Good to see your friendly face again... Sometimes I wish people would use the <'paper-clip'> attachment system in the <advanced> reply window, as that creates thumbnails of the image and reduces the bandwidth requirement for viewing the thread and downloading... Your image is apt as the "Hawks" in USA and Israel seem bent on creating a trigger for WW3 - likely in Iran?

Now back to the daily links for your reading and learning pleasure (and to broaden your outlook)...

http://www.caseyresearch.com/gsd/edition/sunken-coins-bound-spain-after-legal-battle-1 "Sunken Coins Bound For Spain After Legal Battle" - - - the headline seems to defy logic and fair reason, as they were stolen plunder in the first and second place - - and then recovered after diligent research and recovery... Possession? which Spain was too lazy to participate in and surely the church was in power at that time? and commissioned the plunder? or is my blunt history lacking... Do not neglect the links and funnies
    - http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...sed-for-its-first-step-toward-bankruptcy.html "Stockton, California, May Ask Bondholders to ‘Suffer’"
    - http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/chart-america-s-capita-government-debt-worse-greece_631797.html "Chart: 'America’s Per Capita Government Debt Worse Than Greece'"

http://www.chrismartenson.com/ - - - a good source of information
    - http://www.chrismartenson.com/blog/ben-davies-greece-just-preview-whats-coming-rest-us/71786 "Ben Davies: Greece is Just a Preview of What's Coming For the Rest of Us" - - - and part xxvii of the Greek sovereign debt default saga is yet to be written...
    - http://www.chrismartenson.com/blog/dangerous-ideas/71666 "Dangerous Ideas"

10. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Am I seeing the development of the ready alibi for when the collapse does not occur even after the passage of "x years"?
    :p

Just teasing mas- here's to hoping for a round of drinks for all and a decent tune to listen to while we pass the time.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Im not sure if thats the documentary, it seems like it. I was very upset when that poor guy had to go home and die,-- and this is America where Bill gates lives and Warren Buffet.

They discussed the problem with smug young arrogant politicians who said that it will be ok in 2013 or 2014, he was younger than the hernia guy.

Many in denial like BNTI.

Its certainly brought my attention to it --I was not aware that it was that bad. I used to think a huge country like America would pull through but now Im not sure , i think the damage is too much and too deep now.

I think a lot is accountable to the American personality, greed and me me me.
    The documentary did actually touch on the fact that this poverty and homelessness is not making good people and therefore making it all even worse.

This 22 mill unemployed will knock on to thier children with poor education and the social consequences of crime and an even more dysfunctional community
    Sigh--- and another war is round the corner.

12. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Bad news boys,

pull the belt in tight, very very tight.
    My wifes cousin that used to work for the big bank in the UK immigrated to OZ and now works for the biggest bank in OZ in Sydney.

He has just spent the last week with us here in Saffa.

They are very anxious about this Europe thing and are talking GEC2 = global economic crises 2. GEC1 was 2008. The banks in OZ are sitting on big money in profits that they are going to hang onto.
    I am not an economist so half of the stories I heard around the barbeque I cant repeat because I dont know how to put it in "plain speak" and I dont speak "banker"
    But I can tell you this without fear or favour - the "big sheet" is coming.

I have another relation is Sydney that owns an employment business, they find placements for technical staff, and business is very bad.

The Dow Jones is at record highs, what goes up also comes down.

Lots of folks suffering now already, now the next big hiding is on its way.
    I am speachless WTF

Attached Files:

13. Bamby

Bamby Junior Member

Wyoming Prepares Doomsday Contingency Plans “In the Event of a Complete Economic or Political Collapse in the United States”

Three million Americans, often ridiculed by family, friends and mainstream media for their paranoia, aren’t the only ones preparing for the potentiality of catastrophe resulting from natural or man-made causes. Recent legislation in Wyoming would open the door to studies into the possibility of far-from-equilibrium situations and SHTF preparedness plans that include alternate currencies in the event of a dollar collapse, redundant food distribution networks, preserving utility infrastructures, as well as raising and maintaining a well regulated militia if the situation calls for it.

Read Continued Here....

Hum some of the planning does sound somewhat familiar....;)

14. masalai

masalai masalai

From the responses in various "which gun" type threads that appears to be a USA thing, I have suggested other things that need to be considered first, and that is GROWING YOUR OWN FOOD for with the collapse of the value of the US$ (which means economic transactions by any means) everything will stop (no fuel for trucks, trains, planes means no food transported to supermarkets, No farmers able to use their tractors to plough or harvest their crops, and everything else will stop too...
    - - No water from the taps...
    - - No sewerage facilities working - - because there will be no electricity
    - - No garbage collection,
    - - No public transport and so on.....
    SO you must be able to - - collect store and use your own water, - - treat your own sewerage, - - grow your own food, - - have your own electricity, - - Have an alternate means of heating your home in winter, - - - - - - - - or starve, - - freeze, - - or die of thirst?
    That is a worst case scenario and the 'denialists' and politicians are pretty well guaranteeing that scenario is a very realistic possibility...

Australia's banks are NOT in as good a position as many would like to make out... Borrowing to spend and pay off debts IS INSANITY and when the economic system follows that route and persists with that policy with QE I and II and III and beyond in the USA, - - and now global QE of the "western economies" ECONOMIC INSANITY will surely result in BAD THINGS HAPPENING... - It does not take superior intellect to understand this - just simple logic... even a retired farmer can see this...

I have been on my boat doing some maintenance and I may get into some long planned modifications - depends on money supply...

Keep safe and get your gardens growing as it takes about 3 months to get your first crop...

15. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Food is a good investment. I will be selling one can of beans for one bar of gold when market condition are optimum...........................

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.