May Be More Of Us, Soon

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Dave Fleming, Oct 19, 2003.

1. willibuch3

willibuch3 Junior Member

Hi to all.

Where is everyone?

I am a new member and have started construction of a 34 ft 1920's style power boat. Construction will be plywood on Southern yellow pine,epoxy-cloth covered.

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Willbuch, the Dutch has Rubbed most away from this thread . . . he has a skill in this area here and on other forums as well.

3. Red Elk

Red Elk New Member

NEED HELP Posting. ???

Stumbled apon this forom. Mite b rite up my ally....but how dos one OPENLY ask so ALL can see/ help? Im a computer dah (realy). Any out there willing to tell? Red Elk

4. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Well, you've managed to register and everything ok - so you're off to a good start! :D
    Near the top left corner of each subject page (eg. powerboats, open discussion etc) there's a button that says "New Thread". Click that and you can start a new discussion about whatever boat related thing you want to know about.
    BTW - welcome to the forum!

5. willibuch3

willibuch3 Junior Member

May Be More of Us,Soon

:) Welcome Red Elk.

I am not sure if you are asking about what buttons or keys to use to make a reply?

6. Kiernan

Kiernan New Member

New to this board but, not new to the industry. Well, when it comes to knowing any one portion I have to say I am a general know enough to get into trouble, then out, then in again.
    I have been in cruising boards, racing and general marine industry lurker.
    I have some focus on design, building and the use of sail boats for the most part but have designed a couple of power boats. One 65' the other 15' with a 13, and 17 & 23 foot version. I built the 15 as a proto type and it worked fine. funding became a problem for production and I was in a car accident halting that project at the time.
    I am a westlawn student having paid up the fees but slow on the courses as it was placed on the back burner more times than I'd care to remember.
    So, I am honing my talents, concentrating my energies and developing some focus on creating more of a base to work from.
    That will include continued Westlawn education, Auto Cad and math development studies.
    I've purchased a couple of projects boats to toy with and to sell as additional income to fund this process. Yeah, I bought right. And have to facility to store and work on them. Oh yeah, time too!
    This is a great site as for the potential to communicate with others more into the "what makes it work" than I have experienced before.

7. dutch man

dutch man Guest

Hey gang Im back!