maxsurf to freeship!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by pavel915, Dec 5, 2006.

1. CGN

CGN Senior Member

you can save an iges file from freeship, why would you need nurbs? or what can it be diference or advantage of what is now? if all the issue is open and read nurbs you can export iges and soon it will import iges, and for now to import any surface you can use the "import chines" or import control vertexes or re-type them.

2. Mikey

Mikey Senior Member

What I am thinking of is simply that people don't want to have to re-fair anything after import / export. It doesn't really matter if it is only a few control points that are off, or many - it will still put some people off and that is sad because Freeship is a good programme.

As I said, that was what put me off, I would have had to re-fair the bow area after import into Freeship and I did not do it.

Why nurbs - just to get exact portability between applications - never mind about nurbs, any way is a good way, doesn't have to be nurbs at all.

Mikey

3. CGN

CGN Senior Member

So far works, don't model on maxsurf use freeship that may help...but i'm with you i hope soon we have an import option of iges and knowing martijn he'll have it soon.

cheers

4. Mikey

Mikey Senior Member

Looking forward to the new version :) please post when it's available for download

Mikey

5. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

we hope that version of freeship will come, as early as possible! And with wonderful new features.

6. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

nice to know the new freeship going to be out soon. It been a while...:):):)

7. tandu

tandu Junior Member

... are years that I'm waiting this event ;) :)

8. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

can we know the approximate time ,when we will get that freeship?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.