Maxsurf Stability: linked negative tanks

Discussion in 'Stability' started by Roberto1501, May 24, 2019.

1. Roberto1501

Roberto1501 New Member

Hi!

I have designed my hull and introduced internal structures in Maxsurf Modeler. Then I use Maxsurf Stability to add the tanks to my model. I control the edges of these tanks by using the internal structures (so they are separated from the hull for example, to comply with the regulation).
    When I introduce all the tanks there's no problem with it, but when I close the program and open it again there's a message reporting a problem:

"It is possible that there are some problems with the linked negative compartments in this model, would you like to reform the rooms? *name of the tank*

It appears about three times, also a message saying that some tanks overlap. I choose "Yes" to every message of these and when the model opens there is no problem at all, but it takes a long time. It hasn't happend to me before.

Does someone know why is this happening? How can I fix it?
    I'm really worried about this. Thank you in advance.

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

It is probably due to errors or inaccuracies in the definition of the interior structure or the bulkheads of the tanks. The more details you try to incorporate, the more possibility of errors or interferences exist. My advice is to do everything in the simplest way possible. I have never defined the internal structure to study the tanks in the stability calculations. The definition of the tanks in Maxsurf is not friendly at all so the simpler you do everything, the better. Luck.

3. Roberto1501

Roberto1501 New Member

You're right, if the model is too detailed the program gets stucked. I realized that it was because of "Compartments". If I erase them and only leave the tanks there's no problem at all.

Thank you very much!

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.