Maxsurf structure

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nabil sallem, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Nabil sallem

Nabil sallem Junior Member

Hi every one ..I have a question /suggestion about the structure module of maxsurf ..in fact I wonder why there is not a possibilty to create a longitudinal frame with the same way of creating a transversal frame .. sometimes its very convenient but unfortunately there is only stringers or girders but this is not why i seach !

Regards

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I understand that a "girder" is the same as a "longitudinal frame" and can be "bottom girders", "side girders" of "deck girders". But, whatever name you apply to each element, the important thing is the cross section that it has and its resistant module (first moment of its area)

3. Nabil sallem

Nabil sallem Junior Member

Thank you for answer :)
    I understand that use of girders but sometimes for example when you want to draw longitudianal part between the transom and the first frame same of the shape of a transversal frame or a deck It's not possible with the use of guirders separates..

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.