Maxsurf Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by squivo, Mar 11, 2006.

1. squivo

squivo Junior Member

I have an unusual question for you. Sometime ago I did an Maxsurf model, If I'm not wrong It was imported from IGES surface. But for some reason I cant't remember now, the aft and stern of the ship are in the opposite direction, i.e the forward side is in the left of the maxsurf screen while the aft side is on the right.
    How can I put it in the right direction? Is that even possible, do you have any other suggestion?
    Thanks in advance

2. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

There are two ways of doing this. You can either set the orientation of the model when you import the file, this alows you to specify which direction is up, forward, starboard etc., as well as the sign + or -.

If you have already imported the file, you can use the Flip command to flip the surface around a specific axis.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.