Maxsurf modeler - how to fit bounding box to new extents?

Discussion in 'Software' started by IanAlex, Sep 5, 2017.

1. IanAlex

IanAlex New Member

This is a very basic query. In Maxsurf Modeler, I can't reduce the size of the bounding box that surrounds the model.

So what I have is this: I start a new Maxsurf model, and populate the blank file by adding a default surface. A bounding box appears automatically around the default surface. (By bounding box, I mean a 3D box that Maxsurf draws around the maximum x,y,z dimensions of the model surface). I then reduce the size of the model by typing in new xyz coords for all the points.

But the bounding box only automatically reduces longitudinally -- the beam offset and the draft bounds do not change. See the screenshot. How do I get the bounding box to fit the new extents?

MS bounding box problem.JPG
    Thanks in advance,
    Ian.

2. IanAlex

IanAlex New Member

Answering my own question here ... I had missed the command Surfaces -> Size Surfaces. This seems to be the only way to get the bounding box right.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.