Boat Interior Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by andrey18, Mar 3, 2017.

1. andrey18

andrey18 New Member

My name is Andrey and Im new to this Forum, Forgive me if I posted this thread in the wrong section but I have a question I hope you guys can help me out. Is there any software out in the world that already has "pre-loaded" measurements for boat upholstery. Say for example I have a client that would like his 2015 Mastercraft ski boat interior reupholstered. Is there a software that would have the templates for the entire upholstery? For all the seats,engine cover, side panels etc.... Form there on I could transfer the files to my CNC upholstery cutter that would cut them and all I would have to do is stitch them together. Please let me know. Thank You.

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

The quick answer is nope, you're out of luck. This said, if an upholstery shop has measured up a boat, it's likely they'd have the patterns on file. Of course, they'd be unlikely to offer these up, after paying an employee to physically climb around inside and get these dimensions, they'll consider them an advantage over another shop that hasn't the dimensions on file.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.