Need a Rhino Man to put in a file?

Discussion in 'Software' started by S Hondros, Aug 28, 2006.

1. S Hondros

S Hondros Carolina Flare

Does anyone have an average size person for rhino i could use to insert into a drawing or know where to get one?

scott

2. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

1 person likes this.
  3. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Good stuff

Thanks Mike need that tooooo.:)

4. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Westlawn
    What software are you using, and what are you designing?

Cheers

5. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Yes Sir,

I am using LightWave for rendering, it is easier but have less facility. I have a Rhino3D ver 3+, CAD2006 and my prosurf still in the mail.

I am trying to upgrade to Rhino 3D ver 4 marine bundle, expander and level 1 shipconstructor. Until I am sure I want to mess with Autoship which is expensive and not widely use by low cost designer like me. I dont know how much a student ver of Autoship will cost as the website doesnt tell a lot.

I will be designing commercial mining utility ship and traditional yacht for selling. I hope to upgrade slowly, big step mean big fall.

Cheers

6. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

It's a hard road to try and sell designs as a newbie. A good start is to design and build something then sell it, change the plans to suit the lessons learnt and then you have a good viable design to sell.

Rhino is a good tool I use it more than Pro Engineer now. Rhino marine is good for stability curves. Shipconstructor is probably over the top for you.

Not sure where you are? but most of asia seems to have very accessible pirate software sources so I guess you can trial anything available and see if you like it.

7. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

To tell you the truth, I dont think there is alot of pirated software for shipdesign purposes, because tom and jack off the street would be interested in sportcar than a floating bathtub. But thanks for the advice.:)

The shipconstuctor come in level and the level one is cheapest for smallest commericial vessel.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.