maxsurf - how to save parts to library????

Discussion in 'Software' started by goldhunter_2, Dec 7, 2013.

1. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2 Junior Member

I gotta say this computer design is much harder then just going out and building the boat :mad: I am using maxsurf 11 My design crashed at about 85% so being frustrated I went again and tried to use the rhino4 with orcale and T-splines it has some features I like but just can't comprehend the controls on that system so I am going to start over fresh on my maxsurf program again and try to save on two computers in case one design crash's again. Unfortunately I don't have much a a surface library just basic planes.

Not being a professional Cad designer I have days or even weeks in to all the little parts of different assemblies for example the: roller furling boom, davits, doghouse, bow pulpit etc etc these assemblies have a surprising amount of small parts to make one big assembly If possible I would like to salvage some of the assemblies form the old designs to my library for future use when I start over but don't want to save each separate piece but rather the whole thing as one item in the library

how do I save parts as a whole assembly to my maxsurf surface library?

:confused:

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Define each assembly as a new project and save it with its ID.
    In each new project you can always include or import existing projects, previously defined.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.