MAXSurf GRP stiffeners

Discussion in 'Software' started by Federico_T, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Federico_T

Federico_T New Member

I used Maxsurf some years ago only for modeling and stability, but in these days I am trying to take a deeper knowledge of it.
    I started to watch and experiment with structures and I saw that when you want to add, for example, a frame, you can specify some parameters that let you create a rectangular "full" section all of the same material: I mean it seems there is no the possibility to create a section where the core is done of, for example, PVC, while the skin is done in, for example, E glass,like the GRP stiffeners are; furthermore, usually the section of a GRP stiffener has an "omega" shape (that is a trapezoidal shape), while you can define just a rectangular one. Anyway I have also noticed that in the material list for stiffeners, you can choose either core materials (like balsa, pvc and others) and skin ones (like E glass, carbon, etc...) so maybe there is a way to merge them and create a section made by 2 materials. But I haven't still find the way to do that. Does anyone know how to do that? Thank you,
    Federico

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.