Maxsurf - how to rotate and invert the plan

Discussion in 'Software' started by anONY_123, Aug 12, 2017.

1. anONY_123

anONY_123 New Member

I am beginner in naval design on MAXSURF. I imported an IGES file after drafting my design in SOLIDWORKS. Can anybody tell me how to INVERT THE PLAN view to align with the base line & zero mark with my canoe keel AND how to ROTATE the BODY PLAN view so that i can get a proper front view?
    What other references should i take care after importing the CAD file from solidworks into MAXSURF....Should i directly go for analysis?
    I am working on my semester project, your help will be highly appreciated.
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

AnONY 123 when you import into maxsurf you can change the import parameters for the file to a line the model to the correct alignment, also it would be better to import only one side then turn on symmetrical in surface properties.

3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

In addition to the advices of @bhnautika I think you should check that the coordinate system you use in SOLIDWORKS are correct and that the model is well located on those axes.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.