Maxsurf, Add Surface - Horizontal plane

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dida, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Dida

Dida Junior Member

Why Maxsurf Academic Edition has not horizontal plane under "Add Surface"? Due to this I can't add the deck to my ship. How can I resolve this problem?

When I add waterline plane instead, I can't trim the surface.

[​IMG]

Thank you!

2. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

how many surface u are using? in academic version u can use maximum 3 surface.

3. Dida

Dida Junior Member

Number of surfaces

I use two surfaces. In the meantime I found the solution for trimming. In menu under "Display" is option "Trimming". Option "Trimm grey" or "Trimm invisible" solves my problem. When you can't solve the problem try with User Manual! :cool:

4. Navdes_E

Navdes_E Junior Member

Salutations,

Before trimming the waterplane surface, firstly you must close waterplane surface's both longitunial direction (Fore and Aft boundary). for example, first add a transom plate as section plane then not trim this surface. after then change your view direction as "waterline view" and then trim the waterline surface.(you can trim your waterline surfaces as deck because you has identify the fore and after boundary.) then change your view direction as "body plan" and trim the transom. So with this processes you will be complete transom and deck surfaces..

regards..

OZMERT

5. Dida

Dida Junior Member

Thank you for the advices.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.