Maximum efficiency prop for a WIG boat

Discussion in 'Props' started by Starman, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Starman

Starman Guest

I understand that, thanks, but it no longer matters since I've decided to use an air prop. From what I've read here the surfacing props have 70% efficiency at best and the air props are a little better. Also the water prop will be subject to be more easily damaged and that is a fairly big negative point.

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

Sometimes it functions in the end...............

3. Starman

Starman Guest

Not a typo, a misunderstanding. 'It's closer proximity' meant "when it gets closer" when it gets closer it creates more lift. So elemental and yet you correct me by agreeing with me :)

But you ignored the important point about stability, which is what I was talking about (I said "this is for stability"), and that is the CP travel with proximity to the surface and the instability that causes. I'm sure you know all about that so we will drop it now.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.