criteria problem

Discussion in 'Stability' started by mtht110, Apr 26, 2012.

1. mtht110

mtht110 Junior Member

I'm 1st time calculating stability for a fishing trawler. Before i calculate cargo and oil tanker stability using maxsurf. For a tanker loading condition stability calculation i use IMO A.749(18) CH3 criteria in maxsurf. But now i'm confused which criteria i've to use for calculating fishing vessels loading condition stability calculation. Because its my first time. If anyone experienced with this calculation please help me that which criteria i've to use in maxsurf.

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

These are the criteria I am applying, under normal conditions. Furthermore, if circumstances require it, must be studied the weather criterion as well as some special condition, depending on the type of ship, as "full load with the net loaded and hanging over the side". or the like. Take into consideration the possibility of ice on deck.

Attached Files:

3. klaas

klaas Junior Member

Check the tormollinos convention for the safety of fishing vessels. Basically it follows the normal intact stability critera.

4. Pascal Warin

Pascal Warin Junior Member

There is no international regulation for fishing vessels because Torremolinos was not ratified.
    First thing to do is get info about applicable flag regulation. They may be rather complicated and varying both depending of type of fisheries, size of boat and from one country to another

5. smp

smp Junior Member

6. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

The IMO has published many years ago, his Intact Stability Code (Resolution A.749(18), ammended by Resolution MSC.75(69)), applicable to all types of vessels, including fishing, of course. The Torremolinos Convention as regards stability, merely refer to this Code. The authorities of each country can issue additional rules, and so do, but not contrary to or less stringent than IMO Code.
    Although it is in Spanish, attached an Excel file with a summary of IMO stability criteria.

Attached Files:

7. Pascal Warin

That is not true. Fishing vessels are listed in IS code in part B : recommendations (that is not binding) and national flags may have their own rules.
    For all that Spanish and French authorities did implement Torremolinos in their national rules.

8. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

For the second time during this day I have to ask, please do not say "not true" but "you are wrong." Keep minimum levels of education. Thank you.
    I fear the IS Code of which you speak is the same document to which I refer. If not, I beg you clarify my confusion. In any case, the stability of fishing vessels, at least for L> 24m, is fully regulated by international regulations.
    Best Regards
    Ignacio López

9. Pascal Warin

Sorry but refer to part B of IS Code.
    That's all.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.