Calling all sailors and boat designers.

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by schwing, Dec 21, 2004.

1. schwing

schwing Junior Member

I need everyone's help 'The sailor'

I am undergoing a very valuable investigation and desperately need your, (The sailing populations) feedback. Attached is a short questionnaire, there are only 7 easy to answer questions. I need to gather enough information together to create a giant database. So if you could just take a few minutes of your time to have a look, then copy and paste the questions into a word document and email them back to me,along with your response's at:
    Wing.caroline@btinternet.com

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
    more about the investigation is explained in the attached document.

Attached Files:

2. schwing

schwing Junior Member

please?

3. yipster

yipster designer

sorry schwing, maybe i was rude. about pics is balony (but must confess i'm still searching for some big sexy pic as used on usa 2e world war bombers for our "sunny lady" transom) sorry again for deleting my suggestion of making a pole of it since loooking again into the quesztionaire there were questions that were individual. ok, here you go:

Sailing Questionnaire 1. ‘The Sailor’
    The motive for this questionnaire is a case study looking into whether the design issues involved in modern day high performance dinghies, are related in any way to those involved in modern day racing yachts. So as a vital part of background research it is essential to get a good idea of what the sport of sailing is all about, what inspires people to take part and why their choice of boat is so important.

The aims of this survey are to create a database of information, which will enable a profile of a stereotypical sailor to be drawn up, and also to determine whether the sport in question is bias in numbers towards dinghy or yacht sailing.

Please take a few minutes of your time to help with this research and become part of a very valuable investigation. Feel free to write as much or as little as you like. Question 7 is optional, and the last page of this document can be used to express any related information, which you feel is relevant to this subject. Your responses will be treated with confidence and at all times data will be presented in such a way that your identity cannot be connected with specific published data. Thank you for taking the time to read this, your response is very important, and much appreciated.

Question 1.
    Which sailing/yacht club/s are you members of?
    this forum counts?

Question 2.
    What class of boat do you sail most regularly?
    sea ray sundancer

Question 3.
    Do you take part in the racing circuit for this class?
    no, no really

Question 4.
    Approximately how long have you been sailing?
    aproximately half a century?

Question 5.
    Which of these following statements describes you best? (Answer a,b or c).
    a: A dinghy sailor.
    b: A yacht sailor.
    c: A dinghy and yacht sailor.
    c?

Question 6.
    What attracted you to this particular sport?
    the elements maybe?

Question 7. (Optional)
    Finally could you provide a few bits of information about yourself so that your other replies can be put into greater context?

Age in years?
    58?

Sex?
    male

Related information:
    looking back; i dont like these questionaires and please dont spam me schwing :mad:

4. schwing

schwing Junior Member

thank you yipster, you are a true gentleman.

p.s i wouldn't know how to spam you if i tried.

5. schwing

schwing Junior Member

Please follow the link to my site, where your opinion’s and views are very important to me. Thank you to everyone who responded to my earlier post ‘ I need everyone’s help – The Sailor’. And for those who were a little unsure I hope this provides you with a bit more information. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

http://www.buzzgraphics.co.uk/forum

6. Skippy

Skippy Senior Member

1. Which sailing/yacht club/s are you members of? none
    2. What class of boat do you sail most regularly? Laser
    3. Do you take part in the racing circuit for this class? no
    4. Approximately how long have you been sailing? 7 yrs
    5. Which of these following statements describes you best? a: A dinghy sailor.
    6. What attracted you to this particular sport?
    Challenging & relaxing at the same time. Fresh air & rests the mind.
    Age in years? 40s (I know it doesn't always sound like it :rolleyes: )
    Sex? M
    Related information: Live in US.

7. high on carbon

high on carbon Wing Nut

1. Which sailing/yacht club/s are you members of? Royal Canadian Yacht club

2. What class of boat do you sail most regularly? Etchells (The past three years anyhow)

3. Do you take part in the racing circuit for this class? yes

4. Approximately how long have you been sailing? 31 years

5. Which of these following statements describes you best? c: A dinghy and yacht sailor.

6. What attracted you to this particular sport?
    Started with family, loved the freedom as a kid, the chicks as an adolescent, the time away from work as an adult, the opportunity to design and build my ideas all the time, the thinking invoved in racing, the places I get to visit when racing or cruising.

Age in years? 36 (I know it doesn't always sound like it )

Sex? M

Related information: Live in Toronto Canada, did two olympic campaigns, raced 30 different kinds of boats easily big and small in my years, from lead mines like 8 meters to 10 years of international 14 sailing to model yachts.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.