Ship lines

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Mirko, May 9, 2004.

1. Mirko

Mirko Junior Member

Good Morning, I'm student of Naval Engineering, I'm looking for a ship lines, can somebody suggest where I can find it? I'd prefer an autocad drawing so I can export it in the other software.

Thanks

2. Dutch Peter

Dutch Peter Senior Member

What is it that you want to do? Why an Autocad drawing if your gone export it?

3. fireball

fireball Junior Member

lines

If you are a naval architecture student I am concerned about the fact that you are looking for a set of "ship" lines, without any spcific reference to the type of vessel you are looking for.

Perhaps you would prefer an IGES file so that you will be able to import the geometry into some software you have?

4. Mirko

Mirko Junior Member

First of all thanks for your reply, I'm a student of naval architecture, I study in Naples, I'm looking for a ship lines in autocad file because I would learn myself to create an iges file. I've just create an iges file of the hull of a fishing boat, and I'd create other types of them. May you help me?

Thanks

Mirko

5. Mirko

Mirko Junior Member

Autocad lines aren't nurbs, so I can't create a fair hull. Once I have an autocad drawing I can rebuilt curves, and finally create a fair hull with the loft command.

Bye

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.