masalai's model movie

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by masalai, Dec 15, 2007.

1. juiceclark

juiceclark Previous Member

Well thanks gang! <<blush>> I hate that work picture (for advertising), but thought a dog in a panda suit could only take me so far in life!

Isn't that hydrogen thing unbelievable. If it really makes a little, whose going to pay for the first mini-van to blow-up when full of lil' soccer players??

A recent study estimates about 5 TRILLION cubic feet of natural gas just off the west coast of FL in shallow water. If you're going to run machinery with an explosive gas, why not use the stuff in such abundance? The whole energy thing has become such a circular scam I can't believe it.

2. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

3. masalai

masalai masalai

Thanks for the thoughts and interest, do you know what its litres/nautical mile is? - - do you reckon he would accept less than a third of that? - and I bet the good lady would never come aboard - end of that idea there... oops... :D:D:D

4. masalai

masalai masalai

Oh well Thanks all for your interest and participation in my quest to design to my aspirations.... - Economics in the global arena makes me feel that my dreams will remain dreams and I will remain on this net dreaming....... Hello all.....

5. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

She will circle the globe on a tank of fuel - 10,000 litres.

Rick W

6. Nordic Cat

Nordic Cat Senior Member

Another of those "fuel saving" devices, this one is not magnetic though:D :D

HHO gas- probably better known as H20 - what most of us would call steam???

There can be some merit in using a fuel water emulsion, but this is not the way to go about it. He is right though, it is a very safe unit to have in your car:D

Regarding diesel electric propulsion, there is a big write up on it in one of the latest PBO issues. (Practical Boat Owner). I can find the correct issue if you like.

Regards

Alan

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Rick, that would leave little space for the comforts a woman would demand, and it is soooo bloody ugly - sort of like the late 50's monster cars with chrome and fins everywhere only not so wide?

Also, where would I get the fuel? - I can't afford to buy a coconut plantation, and I still need to buy the oil expellers and other stuff if I use CNO (to me the easiest option as EVERYONE will want the used deep-fry oil from the corner shoppe)....

Nordic - the only reason I thought of electric was to be able to use "renewable energy" and most boat engine manufacturers (except cummins?) will not warrant for CNO use - so solar photovoltiac and other small (compression ignition) engines that are lighter - as gensets... - Now I am fully disillusioned, and think sail and small auxiliary as the only viable option.... and the redesign on the Bob Oram "Mango" (now wider) called the 39C.... - more like a shortened 44C?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.