glassing the inside of a keel box....

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by capt'n ron, Aug 8, 2005.

1. capt'n ron

capt'n ron Junior Member

i am in the, studying the prints, gathering materials and planning methods", part of my project. my wife says i'm, "obsessed with that boat".... well, maybe so, but i tend to study prints for a long time and get to really know what's on them and figure out ways to do things long before it's time to do them. which brings me to my question....
    in glassing the inside of a keel box, i have two thoughts on procedure.
    1) fiberglass the inside of both side panels, top and ends,let them cure, then epoxy the pieces together, or
    2) tack/staple cloth tightly to inside surfaces, leaving cloth in the joints and epoxy the box together, then slosh and wipe out the inside surfaces.
    which would be better? will the epoxy adhere to itself good as in method #1?. is there a better way?
    thanks in advance.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.