helppppppppppppp

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by texasboatbuild, Aug 3, 2005.

1. texasboatbuild

texasboatbuild Junior Member

i have just started building boat i want to build a 2 main fishing boat but i have no idea were to start can you help and does any body have boat plans

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

You started building a boat without plans?

3. texasboatbuild

texasboatbuild Junior Member

i want to start bulding a boat

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Type "free boatbuilding plans" in the search thingie in the upper right hand corner of your screen and see what hits. There are many low cost and free plans available on the web, though most are not very modern, many aren't complete and designer help may not be available. For a fee, several "plans houses" offer complete sets of drawings, some from very well known designers, check out www.Glen-L.com and Clark Craft web sites for some idea what's available in the low cost range.

5. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

I have a few freebie plans that might suit.
    http://angelfire.com/ego/lewisboatworks

You can also jump on the boatbuilding ring (at the bottom of the first page) for hundreds of links to plans and people building boats.

6. boatbuilder.org

boatbuilder.org Junior Member

7. LP

LP Flying Boatman

Free boat plans

Here is a site with a plethora of plans. Mostly, from old "Science and Mechanics" mags, I think. www.svensons.com/boat/

Its a good jumping off point with lots of text for building. The methods are old and don't utilized modern adhesives. Find a book on modern construction techniques and epoxy encapsulation for starters. The hardest part is deciding which one to build.

Read, read and read.

Good luck.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.